Creative Lighting Solutions that Blend Art & Audio
Vision. Creativity. Planning. Preparation. Timing. Equipment. Technical expertise. Experience. Expertise. Passion. “Check, check, and check”. Taylor Productions has built a reputation for providing creative stage lighting and tightly executed productions over the years.
The Importance of event lighting
Lighting is a powerful tool that is used to create an engaging visual atmosphere, and is often underestimated. It can take your event to another level. Lighting design is an art form that helps to set the stage, create the environment, trigger an event or action on/off stage, and create a dramatic first impression. Lighting is an effective way to convey mood and emotion. It captures the imagination and spotlight the action.
The 3 types of event lighting that will positively impact the audience
There area 3 main types of event lighting: functional, atmospheric, and dynamic.
- Functional lighting is critical to safety and required for efficient movement of guests and staff throughout the venue.
- Atmospheric lighting makes maximum use of color and punch, subtle accents, shadows, textures, angles, highlights and washes to create a vibrant, rich, and visually pleasing environment. Atmospheric lighting design is an art form that helps to set the stage, create the environment, trigger an event or action on or off stage, and create a dramatic first impression. When used well, atmospheric lighting is an effective way to convey mood and emotion.
- Dynamic lighting conveys movement and impact. Powerful beams, deeply saturated colors, tight beams, and constant motion elevates event spaces with color and vibrancy, keeping the look fresh, and energizes the audience. Dynamic lighting makes a significant contribution to the quality of the environment.
Bigger, better, bolder, brighter, & faster lighting is the new norm
Lighting can determine the entire mood of an event and keep the audience engaged. We design and install to suit your needs and budget. We have illuminated hundreds of live and staged events for a mixture of clients on a wide variety of events in an array of venues throughout New York City and New Jersey … you name it, we’ve probably done it.
- City Functions
- Corporate Events
- Corporate Parties
- Gala Dinners
- Holiday Parties
- Live Events
- Night Clubs
- Outdoor Events
- School Plays
- Theater Productions
- Trade Shows
It’s all about the light
Lighting is more of an art than a science. Lighting is a powerful tool that can communicate different moods and it can increase emotional intensity. To better understand how lighting functions and its qualities, ask yourself the following:
- Does the lighting fulfill the function?
- Does it fit seamlessly into the production?
- Does it enhance the scene or call attention to itself?
- Does it help to structure and form the stage?
- Did you enjoy the show?
Why proper stage lighting is so important
Lighting affects everything. Lighting transforms a space. It highlights your brand. It creates the stage. It contributes to the overall feeling or mood. It engages people. It triggers an emotional response. Lighting influences an experience. It creates the mood, reveals the space, directs the eye, and supports the story without drawing attention to itself.
Need help with custom lighting at your next event?
Achieve the perfect atmosphere at your next event. Our focus is to provide a high quality, low cost services that bring your event to life. Our trained lighting technicians are both qualified and skilled, and the absolute best at providing the perfect theatrical lighting on stage to make your event what you want it to be — from small and quaint to big and wild or mild.
Any creative endeavor is only as strong as the technical support behind it
Taylor Productions has the knowledge and experience to make your next event wildly successful. Captivate your audience. Spark imagination. Get the lighting (and sound) right with Taylor Productions, and you are well on your way to creating a dynamic event.