Questions to Consider Before You Buy Audio Equipment
You can spend the time searching and reading online reviews for the best models of equipment to fit your budget and needs, or you can trust Taylor Productions to help you determine whether you should rent or buy audio equipment designed to fit your New York and New Jersey events.
With technology changing daily, the decision to rent or buy an audio system is a big one. How do you determine if buying audio equipment is a worthwhile investment? How do you know if renting only the pieces of equipment you actually need rather than buying an entire sound system is a more practical solution? Or maybe you should buy the gear you know you’ll use often, and rent what you need to fill in the gaps?
If you’re a business, organization, agency, event or meeting planner, small theater, or a local congregation, answering the following questions will help you make this decision. By taking into account your current and future needs and capabilities, Taylor Productions is here to help you determine whether you should rent or buy audio equipment that fits your event. Drop us a line or call 631-569-5165 to speak to a real person.
Is it better to rent a sound system or buy one?
Every event is different. Determine your budget.
- Is the equipment you need for one event also needed for other events?
- How often will you be using the equipment? The answer to this determines if you will get your money’s worth out of each piece of equipment. And if you own a piece of equipment and use it often, eventually it will need repairing or replacing. How will you address that?
- How many events do you produce each year?
- What size is your event?
- Is it a one time event or a long term weekly event?
- Will you use this equipment on a regular basis?
- How long is your event?
- Do you need state of the art technology?
- Are you replacing a piece of equipment or buying something new?
- What’s your budget? Cheap gear is nice at first, but it doesn’t sound as good and tends to break down more frequently.
- How often will you use the equipment?
- Can you use the equipment for more than one type of event?
- Is it a “permanent” installation, or will you need to set it up and tear it down for each event?
- Who will operate the equipment?
- Who will set it up / tear it down?
- Is it be a complicated piece of equipment that no one will know how to use?
- Will you need a dedicated technician to help out with setup and operation?
- Do you know what kind of equipment you need?
- Is the event indoors? Outdoors? Both?
- What type of acoustical challenges need to be solved?
- How large is the event area?
- How available is electrical power and outlets?
- What problem does the equipment solve?
- What solution does the equipment provide?
- Which approach is better: components or all-in-one systems?
- What is your skill level?
- Do you own any of your own gear?
- Will the gear remain useful over the years?
- Is the technology it uses one that will last?
- Which version will you buy – the latest release? An older model? A used model?
- How often does the technology change?
- How often will it need to be upgraded?
- How will the equipment be maintained?
- Who will provide the required maintenance?
- Who will provide the tech support?
- Is the investment worth it?
- Do you feel the need to keep up or catch up?
- Can you afford this technology?
- Can you buy some gear and rent the remaining gear on an as-needed basis?
- Is your purchase based on a genuine need or a cultural pressure?
- Is your model of choice one that will last?
- Is there a less expensive alternative?
- Are you buying only what you need?
- What will be the additional expenses included in your purchase?
- Will this purchase make your life easier?
- Can you use it out of the box or does it require special training?
- How much time is needed to learn how to properly use it?
- Whom can you call for troubleshooting?
- Have questions? Consult an expert Taylor Productions 631-569-5165
There are advantages to buying and renting audio equipment
Owning audio equipment means you can use the equipment you need whenever it’s required, and you don’t have to pay or worry about making rentals arrangements every time you need to make a presentation.
Renting offers you unlimited options. If you choose to rent your equipment from our equipment rental service, you can rent only what you need for each event, you will receive well-maintained equipment, and get tech support when you need it, to ensure your event is a success.
In many instances, you’ll be best served with a little bit of both: buy the gear you know you’ll use often, and rent what you need to fill in the gaps.
What audio equipment do you need?
Taylor Productions will help you select the right audio equipment that fits your event.
When the correct system is purchased, additional components naturally falls into place. Select the correct mixer, speakers, microphones, monitors, headphones, amplifiers, pre-amps, receivers, equalizers, stands, all required connectors, adapters, and cables, lights, consoles – you name it. We have the system available to match your needs and to ensure that the event is a success.
We are here to address your concerns and help you to choose the finest, most affordable components for your event. And if needed, we’ll even help you set it up and train you how to distribute the sound around the event space to create the illusion that you’re smack in the middle of the action. It can’t get much better than that! Call us 631-569-5165.
Do you buy or rent? Let us know in the comments.